Ginger Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
• ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa, plus extra for dusting
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• Pinch of salt
• 1 ½ cups stout beer
• 1 stick butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
• ½ – 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (according to your taste)
• 3 large brown eggs
• ¾ cup sour cream
• 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 box confectioner’s sugar
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the cocoa, sugar, flour, baking soda and salt until thoroughly mixed.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the stout beer, melted butter, vanilla and ginger. Beat in eggs, adding one at a time. Mix in sour cream and mix thoroughly until smooth.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5. Lightly grease tims or use liners. Pour batter into muffin tins, filling to ¾ full. Bake for 24 minutes,
6. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese and vanilla with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the heavy cream, continuing to mix on low. Add the confectioner’s sugar, one cup at a time, and mix thoroughly until smooth. Frost cupcakes, dust tops with cocoa powder and garnish with candied ginger slice.