Macaroni and Cheese with
- 14 oz whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ c sweet onion, diced
- ¼ c celery, diced
- 2 T dry vermouth
- 1 tsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2 oz butter, unsalted
- 4 oz all purpose flour,
- 2.5 c milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 8 ounces Tomme de Linden Dale Farm or another sharp cheese, grated
- 8 ounces macaroni,
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation:
- In large pot of salted water cook macaroni to al dente or desired texture according to the package instructions and drain.
- Heat a medium size sauce pot over medium heat. Add grapeseed oil, celery and onions. Saute until translucent add tomatoes, vermouth and simmer 20 minutes.
- In medium sized pot over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 2-3 minutes stirring often. Add the dry mustard and whisk in the milk. Stir continuously cooking for 10 minutes until thickened. Add the cheese, drained macaroni and salt and pepper.